Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!



There's just something about a fresh start that makes you feel all good inside.  Hopeful even.  For me, it's a bit of a motivator, a chance to do some planning, and let go of some baggage.  Tabula Rosa.  A new year...a new decade even.
I'm enjoying a quiet Christmas this year (yes, STILL enjoying it..it's not over until the 6th in my heart).  Leading up to Christmas I was feeling pretty down, it was just very stressful to try to figure out how we would survive the holidays.  The family get togethers, the crowds, the expectations...  Hubby and I came to the conclusion that we do deserve to actually enjoy the holiday, so we forewent the big family dinner, and cooked up own bird here at home, just the four of us.  I did miss being with everyone, but I didn't miss the stress of it all, and definately feel like we made the right decision.  We were relaxed and happy together...what more could I ask for?  Holidays are hard, because they're a break from the norm, the routine, the predictable...so it is stressful for Aiden, which can make it stressful for us all.  So thank you to all family members who let us off the hook this year...I know we were welcome, and I appreciate that most of all.
I don't know what 2010 has in store for us.  I'm pretty sure it will include another year of homeschooling, because that is working out so well, I'm not willing to give it up.  Maybe Aiden will begin self-regulating a little better this year...maybe group lessons will go a little smoother, or maybe I'll learn to take it a little better on the chin when they don't. 
Little miss Margaret will be 2 next month, so I'm curious as to what will hapen to the family dynamic as she starts to become a more autonomous member...
So here's to 2010....please be kind to us.  We are currently operating at maximum capacity, and I hope that any surprises will be plesant ones.
And to all my readers....much happiness to you and yours, with blessings the whole year through.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I stumbled upon your blog! I am also from Canada, in fact my Dad is from The Rock and many of my extended family are there. I work in the field of early intervention, am raising two spirited boys (one with Asperger's and a host of other "labels") and I too try to focus on the positive and accept my son for who he is. Stop by sometime. I am adding your blog to my blogrole!

    ReplyDelete