Saturday, August 8, 2009

Large black please.


Just when you think things are going good....whammo, you get a couple of bad days right in a row to put you in your place. The last few days have had their share of strife around here. My poor little guy's body is on bust. If you're familiar with sensory issues, you'll understand what it means to be on bust. If you're not familiar with sensory issues, consider yourself to live a very charmed life, at least on that front. ( I may write about it at some point, but I honestly don't know where to start.)

After a very long, very trying day yesterday, which involved one disastrous shopping trip, and one meltdown to end all meltdowns, and a baby sister whose nap got cut way too short....I never thought bedtime would arrive. But arrive it did, and I got to tell ya, Francis and I were some happy with ourselves to have survived the day! But...at 4 a.m. this morning, when himself came slinking into our room...I had no idea that he would be up for the day. But, alas, he was. What can I say? There's only so much you can do with no sleep. And I feel like I can handle an awful lot with the disrupted sleep that I get. But, no sleep? Just too hard. Just too painful. Just too true.

We get these nights sometimes, not all the time, but more often than I'd wish. You try going to work all day after being up since 2 a.m. Ouch.

It's funny, whenever I meet parents of kids with autism, we always ask each other two things...how they sleep, and how they eat. Every time. I am not the only mom to suffer like this. Far from it. I remember my own personal 'take back the night' campaign a few years ago, which involved ditching his nap, because if Aiden slept at all during the day, he'd be up til all hours at night.

So, I can hardly wait to hit the hay tonight. I'd better get down early, because God only knows what time I'll be getting up. No wonder I'm addicted to Tim's coffee.

1 comment: