Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kickin' it Home School

So far, so good.  At least I think so!   We started home school last Thursday, so I'm just 4 days in...perhaps too soon to draw conclusions.  But, I know one thing for sure, it is hard enough to maintain attention with just him and his sister, in a classroom designed not to distract, so I don't think regular school would have been a great choice this year.
This morning we had a field trip to the local CBC building with the home schooling group we're a part of.  It was a big bunch of kids, and the tour was so great.  Aiden was very well behaved, much to my relief.  Due to the field trip, we did school in the p.m....definately harder to keep focused then, but some days it will have to be that way due to scheduled activities.
There are going to be lots of group activities to participate in all year, and it seems like a really great, really BIG group, so I'm happy.
Tomorrow I have my meeting with the school board official in charge of home schooling, and my cooperating school's principal.  So, no longer is home schooling something I am going to do.....I'm doing it! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish you all the best. I am at the moment at the point of secondary school. If it's horrible, the next step will be homeschooling. So far so good. Athough it's just a beginning.

    ReplyDelete