Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New to Blogging, and lots more

I fell kind of nervous. I know there's a good chance no one will ever read this, it may just be my own personal journal on the adventure I'm about to embark on. But, I promised myself I'd keep a running record, and here it is.
I have made the decision to homeschool Kindergarten for my little man, who's 4 and has a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome, which is on the Autism Spectrum.
At the end of his last Kinderstart session (a program where preschoolers attend school sessions prior to starting school in September) my husband and I had already come to the conclusion that our little guy was not ready for the high structure of school. The K. teacher assigned the Kinderstarters a label of red apple, or green apple, indicating which class they would be in. She looked at Aiden and said, "and you'll be a yellow apple". And so he is! Hence the name of this blog. Funny where we draw inspritation!
So, it is now July, and I am gathering resources and looking ahead to September, with lots of fear, and admittedly a little excitement too. I have decided not to work next year ( I am a special educator) which was a big decision, and to use my skills for my own little family. My boy also has a precious baby sister, 17 mos. I'm not quite sure how easy or hard she'll make homeschooling!

I guess I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment